Pressurizing the fighting groups to stop human rights abuses and peace initiatives are continued activities of the HRWF Nepal since its establishment. It has established good linkages and working relations with Human Rights Without Frontiers, International (HRWF Int.) and other organizations in Nepal.
HRWF Nepal has been working to strengthen the capacity of civil societies. Since, it is a membership based volunteer organization it has experienced personnel and highly committed volunteers to work on human rights issues in different districts of Nepal. It has been launching human rights promotion activities based on international human rights instruments. It is also operating human rights campaign program from the organization and jointly with other organizations.
Some instances of ongoing activities are as follows:-
Major Project Activities
- Promotion and protection of democracy and human rights
- Support civil society’s work for peace
- Security Management training for Human Rights Defenders
- Co-ordination with governmental and non-governmental bodies to build up relationship and conduct dialogue on human rights issues.
- Organizing training, workshops, seminars in different levels and build up the capacity of its members in contextual basis.
- Monitoring human rights violations and press freedom, conducting peace campaigns, research and advocacy and interaction programs on human rights issues.
- Campaigning for the protection of the Internal Displace People(IDP), Asylum seekers, Disappearances people, bonded labor and Migrant workers.